Last Updated on February 3, 2023 by Pinpoint 250
Dalgona coffee recipe
How to make dalgona recipe at home with the best version of the dalgona coffee recipe?
You need only four ingredients to make this stunning whipped coffee at home, and you will love it.
Dalgona coffee, also called whipped coffee, has completely taken over the internet.
Dalgona coffee has quickly risen to the top of the popularity charts on various social media platforms.
It earns its name from the toffee-flavored Korean street candy’s resemblance in appearance, texture, and color.
What appeared to be a new fad originates in other cultures worldwide, such as India, Greece, and Cuba.
People worldwide are giving this novel coffee beverage a shot, adding to the fascination generated by this trend.
If you give home-brewing Dalgona coffee a shot, you will, without a doubt, be able to comprehend the fervor surrounding this one-of-a-kind beverage.
What exactly is a Dalgona?
To make dalgona coffee, equal parts of instant coffee, sugar, and water brought to a boil are whisked together until a beverage with a thick foam consistency is produced.
After that, it is served in a cup of either warm or cold milk.
What distinguishes it from other coffee drinks is the method used to create a foam that looks almost like a mouse and floats on top of a glass of milk.
It gives the appearance of being suspended there, like a cloud flavored with coffee.
There are a few different approaches to how to make dalgona coffee at home and achieving the desired foamy consistency with whipped coffee. It is important to note that whisking by hand will take some time, although purists might support doing it that way.
To get it there by whisking also requires quite a bit of arm work on your part. If you give yourself sufficient time, you should be able to accomplish this. In addition, a bowl is big enough to hold a whisk.
Other choices are available if you want something more effective and easier on your arm. It can also be much easier with an electric hand mixer, a milk frother, or a stand mixer, which will work quite nicely.
All of these things contribute to the formation of optimally stiff peaks in minutes.
How to Make Dalgona Coffee Recipe at Home/Choosing Ingredients
Instant coffee, sugar, water, and milk are the only ingredients to prepare Dalgona coffee recipe. Pay attention to a few specifics when selecting the ingredients you will use in your dish.
Free-dried coffee is essential, as this type typically produces the airiest and lightest foam. Simply by chance, this specific brand of instant coffee is not only very easily accessible but is also frequently the option that costs the least in the supermarket.
Granulated sugar is the form that works best for whipping, so if you want to use sugar in this coffee drink, it is recommended that you go with that form rather than powdered sugar. Alternately, you can use brown sugar, which will impart a flavor similar to toffee, or coconut sugar, which will work but produce less airy results.
Use only boiling water as it is essential for producing an excellent and stable foam. It makes it possible for the coffee granules to dissolve, which results in syrup production when the coffee and sugar are mixed.
Any kind of milk is acceptable. If you like a hot beverage, reheat it and serve it in a mug. If you prefer a cold drink, put it in a glass and add a few ice cubes.
You can also use vegan milk if you like. It will not produce the volume, but it should work fine.
How to Make Dalgona Coffee Recipe at Home/Preparation
Making coffee foam begins with adding instant coffee, sugar, and water in equal proportions.
1. Place the 1/3 cup of instant coffee in a large bowl. Use a stand mixer instead if you have access to one.
2. Put in 1/3 cup of sugar. The best option for this situation is granulated white sugar.
3. Add 1/3 cup of hot (boiling) water, then thoroughly combine all ingredients into a single mass.
4. Start vigorously beating the mixture with a whisk. A wire whip/whisk or a beater attachment if you work with a hand or stand mixer.
5. Start whisking or beating the mixture. Using a whisk that you hold in your hand could take anywhere from 12 to 15 minutes, depending on how strong your arms are.
6. The time it takes to reach the final stage of this process can range anywhere from 2–15 minutes, depending on whether you whisk by hand or use an electric mixer.
7. You will recognize that it is finished when it has significantly lightened in color, taking on the appearance of light toffee. In addition to that, the volume increases quite a bit. The consistency of the mixture will be very similar to that of whipped egg whites; it will be thick and hold stiff peaks.
8. Once you have reached the desired level of creaminess, pour milk, either cold or hot, into a serving glass. If you’d like, you can even throw in some ice cubes.
9. Place a dollop of cream on top of the milk, insert a straw, and gently stir some coffee cream into the milk. Enjoy your beverage.
You can store the whipped coffee cream in the refrigerator for a few days. However, it will lose some of its volumes during that time. You can bring it back to life by whisking it again if you want.
You can use less sugar. However, you should be aware that this will result in a diminished amount of cream.
Sugar substitutes do not lend themselves well to making coffee cream.
Conclusions and musings
A cup of Dalgona coffee is the perfect pick-me-up for either summer or winter. Even though freeze-dried coffee is the superior option, you should try brewing a few different kinds of instant coffee. I experimented with goat’s milk, an excellent substitute for the cow’s milk you are using. Enjoy